Accidents involving chain saw are a significant concern for tree care and landscape employers, the employees who operate the equipment, and manufacturers alike.
Strong anecdotal information from the field tells us that chain saw operators receive little or no formal training on chain saw operation and field maintenance. TCIA’s Tree Care Academy Chain Saw Specialist course is designed to train tree care employees in hazards, as well as accepted practices for chain saw operation and other associated tasks. The course, which is built for crew members who often do not receive formal training opportunities, will increase employee involvement with overall safety compliance and self-policing.
The course covers:
· Hazard awareness
· Procedures for chain saw operation and maintenance.
· Correct PPE for chain saw operators.
· Use of chaps and leg protection.
· Use of a chain saw aloft.
· Communicating with crew members for fellers, climbers, and bucket operators.
· Bucking, felling, and pruning cut techniques.