|MTCC In the News
See the ITCC event in action -
|The Michigan Tree Climbing Championship is a state wide event held to award a champion to represent the state of Michigan at the International Tree Climbing Championship. Check out this video and learn more about the event. Destination Michigan Video on MTCC
The ITCC is the International Tree Climbing Competition. Learn more here. A video can be seen on the Michigan Tree Climbing Facebook Page.
|Preliminary Qualifying Events
||Competitors are scored individually in each event: Aerial Rescue, Work Climb, Ascent, Belayed Speed Climb, and Throwline. The competitor with the highest score is the winner of that event. First, second, and third place for men and women are awarded for each event.
Competitors’ total scores for all six events are combined and the male and female competitors with the highest combined score from the preliminary events move on to the Masters’ Challenge Championship.
||This event is FREE and open to the Public. Family and friends of the MTCC competitors are encouraged to bring picnic baskets as there may not be food locations around the park, based on location. However, lunch tickets are available for sale on the competitor registration form. Box lunches will be served to climbers and volunteers complimentary and others purchasing tickets.
MTCC is an outdoor event making use of the natural surroundings at the park for a unique experience. Please dress for the weather, walking, and possible insects.
Experience the Arbor Fair - a free public event for kids and adults offering up education on trees and industry equipment, as well as many other fun activities and exhibits!
|Future Dates & Locations
- 2020 - Manistee, Mi - September 18-19 (location change due to regional Covid19 restrictions)
- 2021 - Detroit Area, MI - September 17-18 (Belle Isle, Detroit)
- 2022 - Detroit Area, MI - September 16-17 (Belle Isle, Detroit)
- 2023 - West Side area, MI - September15-16
- 2024 - West Side area, MI - September 20-21
|CLIMBER AND VOLUNTEER INFORMATION
- 7/8/2020 - The 2020 event will be a 1.5-day format with registration, gear check, walk-thru, and two (2) Preliminary events on Friday, September 18. The remaining three (3) Preliminary Events and the Masters Challenge will be held on Saturday, Sept 19. More details are provided on the event registration page at the link above.
- 7/6/2020 - ISA BoD and the MTCC Committee votes to move the event from Belle Isle Detroit to Manistee due to regional Covid19 restrictions.
||Review the following forms for more information on the guidelines for competing.
ITCC Equipment List Advisory (May 2019)
ITCC Rule Book (valid till July 2021)
What to Expect During Gear Inspection
Gear Check List form
TCC Insurance Notice-ASM
TCC Participant/Volunteer Waiver
|2020 Prize Package
Package Sponsors listed below
|ISA Michigan is pleased to announce the 2020 ArborMaster Climbing Kit Prize Package for the Tree Climbing Champion (TCC), held in conjunction with the chapter’s 2020 Tree Climbing Championship (TCC) event.
This climbing kit is being offered to each chapter champion (both man and woman, if applicable)!
The package is intended to help equip the chapter representative(s) for the International Tree Climbing
Championship (ITCC) Competition.
Each prize package includes:
• Buckingham’s Tree Squeeze and a 150’ Rope Bag
• Silky’s GunFighter Curve 330mm
• OREGON® ‘s Tool Bag
• Samson’s ArborMaster 150’ Hawkeye Climbing Line with eye splice
• ArborMaster® - 50% savings for a 2-Day or 3-Day Hands-On Training Module