|MTCC In the News
See the ITCC event in action -
|The Michigan Tree Climbing Championship is a state wide event held to award a champion to represent the state of Michigan at the International Tree Climbing Championship. Check out this video and learn more about the event.
2021 Michigan Tree Climbing Championship on Belle Isle-WDIV Channel 4
Destination Michigan Video on MTCC
The ITCC is the International Tree Climbing Competition. Learn more here. A video can be seen on the Michigan Tree Climbing Facebook Page.
|Preliminary Qualifying Events
||Competitors are scored individually in each event: Aerial Rescue, Work Climb, Ascent, Belayed Speed Climb, and Throwline. The competitor with the highest score is the winner of that event. First, second, and third place for men and women are awarded for each event.
Competitors’ total scores for all six events are combined and the male and female competitors with the highest combined score from the preliminary events move on to the Masters’ Challenge Championship.
||This event is FREE and open to the Public. Family and friends of the MTCC competitors are encouraged to bring picnic baskets as there may not be food locations around the park, based on location. However, lunch tickets are available for sale on the competitor registration form. Box lunches will be served to climbers and volunteers complimentary and others purchasing tickets.
MTCC is an outdoor event making use of the natural surroundings at the park for a unique experience. Please dress for the weather, walking, and possible insects.
Experience the Arbor Fair - a free public event for kids and adults offering up education on trees and industry equipment, as well as many other fun activities and exhibits!
|RECREATION PASSPORT 2021 & 2022
||All Competitors and Volunteers must have a Recreation Passport to enter Belle Isle Park. For just $12 (or $6 for motorcycles), Michigan residents get year-round access to state parks and recreation areas, state forest campgrounds, state trailhead parking and state boat launches. To purchase a Recreation Passport, check "YES" at the time of license plate registration renewal through the Secretary of State or buy one at the park contact station.
|Future Dates & Locations
- 2022 - Detroit, MI - September 16-18 (Belle Isle)
- 2023 - Grand Rapids, MI - September 15-16 (dates tentative)
- 2024 - Grand Rapids, MI - September 20-21(dates tentative)
|CLIMBER AND VOLUNTEER INFORMATION
- 6/7/2021 - 2021 Event will be a 2.5 day format. Friday is a half day from 12:00-5:00pm running one Preliminary event; Saturday will finish the Preliminary events and host the Preliminary event Awards reception; and the Masters Challenge will be held on Sunday 9:00am-12:00pm.
- 6/7/2021 - As the State of Michigan opens up without restrictions on July 1, 2021, we will post any additional guidelines regarding protocols to promote participant and attendee safety at this event. As always, we will have hand washing stations, online registration and waiver signing, and extra cleaning of the bathroom facilities. Per guidelines from Belle Isle Park, access the Pandemic Preparedness & Response Plan 2021 here. Concerns or questions can be directed to the ISA Michigan Office.
||Review the following forms for more information on the guidelines for competing.
ITCC Equipment Advisory
ITCC Rule Book (valid till July 2021)
What to Expect During Gear Inspection
Gear Check List form - please print and bring to gear inspection.
TCC Participant/Volunteer Waiver 2021 - review only. You will be asked to accept the conditions of the waiver during online registration.
|2021 Prize Package
Package Sponsors listed below
|ISA Michigan is pleased to announce the 2021 ArborMaster Climbing Kit Prize Package for the Tree Climbing Champion (TCC), held in conjunction with the chapter’s 2021 Tree Climbing Championship (TCC) event.
This climbing kit is being offered to each chapter champion (both man and woman, if applicable)! The package is intended to help equip the chapter representative(s) for the International Tree Climbing Championship (ITCC) Competition.
Each prize package includes:
• Buckingham’s Tree Squeeze(TM) 2.0, Friction Saver, Chainsaw Lanyard and Mesh Bag
• Silky’s Sugoi Professional 390-33 Hand Saw
• OREGON® ‘s Pazada™ Knife w/frame lock, titanium nitride coated blade & stainless steel handle
• Vermeer Logo'd 30oz Tumbler
• Samson’s ArborMaster 150’ Hawkeye Climbing Line with eye splice
• ArborMaster® - 50% savings for a 2-Day or 3-Day Hands-On Training Module