Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Certified Arborist Prep Course
This 3-day course can be taken in its entirety, or as individual days according to the registration fees listed below.
Course - March 26-28
ISA Testing - March 29 (separate registration to ISA required by March 13)
This course is beneficial to the following people:
- Experienced tree care professionals taking the exam for the first time. Note: Exam eligibility requirements: 3 yrs experience in arboriculture, or a 2 yr degree in arboriculture and 2 yrs of experience, or a 4 yr degree in a related field and 1 year practical experience.
- Other professionals wishing to become a Certified Arborist
- Anyone re-taking the certified arborist exam.
- Those desiring CEU credits toward maintaining certification and to expand their knowledge.
The Value of an ISA Credential - ISA credentials are valued and trusted because they let consumers know that you possess a high degree of knowledge about caring for and maintaining trees. When developing an exam, a panel of subject matter experts from around the world completes a job task analysis, and then writes an exam that encompasses the defined skills. ISA credentials build expert knowledge and reflect the professional skills sought by leaders from the public and private sectors, including training, academia and government organizations.
- The course will run each day from 8am-5pm.
- Registration/Check-in begins at 7:30am each day.
- Morning snacks/beverages and lunch are provided each day.
- Cancellations after March 21 will incur a $50 cancellation fee. Refunds will not be given after March 21.
- All registrants must be prepaid – Walk-Ins will not be accepted.
- LIMIT: 40 attendees each day
- $240 ASM/ISA Member Full Course
- $280 Non Member Full Course
- $105 Daily rate Member (for those looking to get education on specific topics per day)
- 145 Daily rate Non Member (for those looking to get education on specific topics per day)
This Prep Course is approved for 24 CEUS from ISA for the full course. There are 8 CEUs offered each day.
- Monday, March 26
Chapter 1-Tree Biology
Chapter 3-Soil Science
Chapter 4-Water Management
Chapter 5-Tree Nutrition and Fertilization
Chapter 11-Plant Health Care
Q&A-Outdoor Tree ID/Pest Issues
- Tuesday, March 27
Chapter 2-Tree ID
Chapter 6-Tree Selection
Chapter 8-Tree Pruning
Chapter 9-Tree Support and Lightening Protection
Chapter 15-Tree Worker Safety
Chapter 16-Tree Pruning
- Wednesday, March 28
Chapter 7-Tree Installation & Establishment
Chapter 10-Diagnosis and Plant Disorders
Chapter 12-Tree Assessment/Risk Management
Chapter 13-Trees and Construction
Chapter 14-Urban Forestry
Monday, March 26, 2018 to Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Nankin Mills Interpretive Center
33175 Ann Arbor Trail
Westland, MI 48185
(Click the down-arrow to the left of the activity/item to view the details)
Certified Arborist Study Guide
One Day Only - Monday, March 26
One Day Only - Tuesday, March 27
One Day Only - Wednesday, March 28