Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Tree Risk Assessment Qualification Course
INSTRUCTOR: Geoff Kempter
This 3-day course and exam is open to interested parties who meet the prerequisites (see Tree Risk Assessment Candidate Handbook) and is limited to 20 arborists (first-come/first-served). The qualification consists of a 2-day educational course followed by a 1/2 day assessment that includes both a written and field component. It is required that you attend the course and successfully complete the assessment in order to receive this qualification.
This qualification promotes the safety of people and property, and provides tree owners and risk managers with the necessary information to make informed decisions to enhance tree benefits, health, and longevity.
Through education and training, arborists will learn strategies to systematically identify and assess tree risk. The qualified professional will:
Comprehend the fundamentals of limited-visual and basic tree risk assessment, as defined in the ISA Best Management Practices: Tree Risk Assessment; Understand the principles of advanced diagnostic techniques for assessing tree risk; Gather and synthesize information needed to assess tree risk; and Make reasoned judgments and recommendations for mitigating identified risk.
Participants must hold, or previously held, at least one of the following credentials:
• ISA Board Certified Master Arborist®
• ISA Certified Arborist®
• ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified
• A degree in arboriculture, urban forestry, traditional forestry, or horticulture that is part of a national qualifications framework or is from a college or university that is accredited or recognized under a system that is substantially similar to accreditation.
• AHC30810 Certificate III in Arboriculture (Australia)
• ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist (RCA) status
• Connecticut Arborist License
• European Tree Technician
• European Tree Worker
• Fachagrarwirt Baumpflege
• Louisiana Arborist License
• Manitoba Arborist Training and Licensing Program
• Maryland Tree Expert
• Massachusetts Certified Arborist
• New Hampshire Arborists Association Certified Arborist
• New Jersey Certified Tree Expert
• NZ National Certificate in Horticulture (Arboriculture) (Level 4)
• Rhode Island Arborist License
• Society of American Foresters Certified Forester
• UK Qualifications and Credit Framework Level 2 certificate or diploma in arboriculture
All payments are due by April 15, 2019. Cancellation/refund requests must be submitted by April 15, 2019. All applications will be reviewed for approval. Your registration will be finalized via email.
You will receive a confirmation packet from ISA in Atlanta, GA containing a letter with the date and time of the course and the name of the appropriate contact person. The confirmation packet includes one copy each of the Tree Risk Assessment Manual and Tree Risk Assessment Workbook. Individuals taking a retake exam will not receive a new manual or workbook. No refunds or discounts are given if you already own the Tree Risk Assessment Manual. Confirmation packets will be shipped to the address provided on the personal information registration page. Please provide a physical shipping address.
There is a $150 USD fee per retake up to one year from the original date that you took the course. Applications for retake must be submitted prior to the registration deadline for the scheduled course where you will retake your exam. You must phone ISA at 678.367.0981 to schedule a retake.
SPECIAL TESTING ACCOMMODATIONS:
If you have a special need and require an accommodation for a course, please complete the Special Accommodation Request Form. Your request will be reviewed and you will be notified of a determination.
COURSE LOCATION & PARKING
Wege Center, Louitt Room
1603 Robinson Road SE, Grand Rapids, MI
*Park in Lot 10 near the Wege Center. See Aquinas College Map
- Tuesday, May 14 – 8:00am-5:00pm Education Sessions(Indoors) with Lunch and 2 Breaks
- Wednesday, May 15 – 8:00am-5:00pm Education Sessions (Indoors and Outdoors) with Lunch and 2 Breaks
- Thursday, May 16– 8:00am-11:30am EXAM (written and performance based)
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson
3251 Deposit Drive NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
- Your government-issued photo ID
- TRAQ Manual and Workbook
- Hard hat and high-visibility vest or shirt
- #2 pencils and clipboard for taking notes
- Rain gear, including large zip-lock bag
- Please dress for your comfort level indoors and outdoors; we cannot always control the room temperature to suit everyone. Come prepared to spend part of the day outdoors.
To qualify to take the exam, you must complete all of the questions during the online course registration process.
Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 8:00 AM until Thursday, May 16, 2019, 12:00 PM
Wege Center-Loutit Room
1700 Fulton St. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Cancelations prior to April 15 will receive a refund. No refunds will be provided after April 15, however you can transfer your registration to a future course date.