Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Certified Arborist Prep Course
March 25-27, 2019
This 3-day course can be taken in its entirety, or as individual days according to the registration fees listed below.
Course - March 25-27, 2019
ISA Testing - March 28 (separate registration to ISA required by March 12)
This course is beneficial to the following people:
- Experienced tree care professionals taking the exam for the first time. Note: Exam eligibility requirements: 3 yrs experience in arboriculture, or a 2 yr degree in arboriculture and 2 yrs of experience, or a 4 yr degree in a related field and 1 year practical experience.
- Other professionals wishing to become a Certified Arborist
- Anyone re-taking the certified arborist exam.
- Those desiring CEU credits toward maintaining certification and to expand their knowledge.
The Value of an ISA Credential - ISA credentials are valued and trusted because they let consumers know that you possess a high degree of knowledge about caring for and maintaining trees. When developing an exam, a panel of subject matter experts from around the world completes a job task analysis, and then writes an exam that encompasses the defined skills. ISA credentials build expert knowledge and reflect the professional skills sought by leaders from the public and private sectors, including training, academia and government organizations.
- The course will run each day from 8am-5pm.
- Registration/Check-in begins at 7:30am each day.
- Morning snacks/beverages and lunch are provided each day.
- Cancellations after March 18 will incur a $50 cancellation fee. Refunds will not be given after March 20.
- All registrants must be prepaid – Walk-Ins will not be accepted.
- LIMIT: 25 attendees each day
- $240 ASM/ISA Member Full Course
- $280 Non Member Full Course
- $105 Daily rate Member (for those looking to get education on specific topics per day)
- $145 Daily rate Non Member (for those looking to get education on specific topics per day)
This Prep Course is approved for 24 CEUS from ISA for the full course. There are 8 CEUs offered each day.
Monday, March 25
Chapter 1-Tree Biology
Chapter 2-Tree ID
Chapter 3-Soil Science
Chapter 10-Diagnosis and Plant Disorders
Chapter 12-Tree Assessment/Risk Management
Chapter 14-Urban Forestry
Tuesday, March 26
Chapter 6-Tree Selection
Chapter 8-Tree Pruning
Chapter 9-Tree Support and Lightening Protection
Chapter 15-Tree Worker Safety
Chapter 16-Climbing & Working in Trees
Wednesday, March 27
Chapter 4-Water Management
Chapter 5-Tree Nutrition & Fertilization
Chapter 7-Tree Installation & Establishment
Chapter 11-Plant Health Care
Chapter 13-Trees and Construction
Monday, March 25, 2019 to Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Woldumar Nature Center
5739 Old Lansing Rd.
(Click the down-arrow to the left of the activity/item to view the details)
Certified Arborist Study Guide
One Day Only - Monday, March 25
One Day Only - Tuesday, March 26
One Day Only - Wednesday, March 27