Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Certified Arborist Prep Course
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
This 3-day course can be taken in its entirety, or as individual days according to the registration fees listed below.
Course - October 8-10, 2018
ISA Testing - October 11 (separate registration to ISA required by September 26)
This course is beneficial to the following people:
- Experienced tree care professionals taking the exam for the first time. Note: Exam eligibility requirements: 3 yrs experience in arboriculture, or a 2 yr degree in arboriculture and 2 yrs of experience, or a 4 yr degree in a related field and 1 year practical experience.
- Other professionals wishing to become a Certified Arborist
- Anyone re-taking the certified arborist exam.
- Those desiring CEU credits toward maintaining certification and to expand their knowledge.
The Value of an ISA Credential - ISA credentials are valued and trusted because they let consumers know that you possess a high degree of knowledge about caring for and maintaining trees. When developing an exam, a panel of subject matter experts from around the world completes a job task analysis, and then writes an exam that encompasses the defined skills. ISA credentials build expert knowledge and reflect the professional skills sought by leaders from the public and private sectors, including training, academia and government organizations.
- The course will run each day from 8am-5pm.
- Registration/Check-in begins at 7:30am each day.
- Morning snacks/beverages and lunch are provided each day.
- Cancellations after Sept. 28 will incur a $50 cancellation fee. Refunds will not be given after Oct 1.
- All registrants must be prepaid – Walk-Ins will not be accepted.
- LIMIT: 40 attendees each day
- $240 ASM/ISA Member Full Course
- $280 Non Member Full Course
- $105 Daily rate Member (for those looking to get education on specific topics per day)
- 145 Daily rate Non Member (for those looking to get education on specific topics per day)
This Prep Course is approved for 24 CEUS from ISA for the full course. There are 8 CEUs offered each day.
Monday, October 8
Chapter 1-Tree Biology
Chapter 2-Tree ID
Chapter 3-Soil Science
Chapter 10-Diagnosis and Plant Disorders
Chapter 12-Tree Assessment/Risk Management
Chapter 14-Urban Forestry
Tuesday, October 9
Chapter 6-Tree Selection
Chapter 8-Tree Pruning
Chapter 9-Tree Support and Lightening Protection
Chapter 15-Tree Worker Safety
Chapter 16-Climbing & Working in Trees
Wednesday, October 10
Chapter 4-Water Management
Chapter 5-Tree Nutrition & Fertilization
Chapter 7-Tree Installation & Establishment
Chapter 11-Plant Health Care
Chapter 13-Trees and Construction
Monday, October 8, 2018 to Wednesday, October 10, 2018
MOTT Community College
RTC Building - Room 1403
1401 E. Court Street
(Click the down-arrow to the left of the activity/item to view the details)
Certified Arborist Study Guide
One Day Only - Monday, October 8
One Day Only - Tuesday, October 9
One Day Only - Wednesday, October 10