Oak Wilt Lab Submittal Form Directions
Here’s what to do:
1. Access the “Oak Wilt Lab Submittal Form” – a fillable pdf format on the ASM website (Home page).
2. Carefully read through “How to Collect a Proper Sample” and gather the necessary supplies.
3. Discuss with the tree owner the sampling process and get their signature on the lab submittal form.
4. Make a copy of the completed Lab Submittal Form for your records.
5. Collect your oak sample, keep it cool, package it, ship with packs via overnight mail as directed on the Lab Submittal Form.
6. ‘Culturing’ for the oak wilt pathogen in the lab takes 1-2 weeks. Your results will be emailed to you and ASM.
7. Submit receipts for shipping costs to ASM, within 4 weeks, to: ASM 1606 S. Huron Street., #972449, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
8. If your sample is ‘positive’ for oak wilt and you desire technical support for oak wilt management at that site, call ASM at 517-337-4999.