Basic Arborist Certified Prep Course
Monday, Mar 13, 2017
– Wednesday, Mar 15, 2017
8:00am – 5:00pm
DUE TO LOW ENROLLMENT THE MARCH PREP COURSE IS CANCELED. DATES FOR FUTURE COURSES ARE PENDING.
- AUGUST – GRAND RAPIDS AREA
- OCTOBER – FLINT AREA
The Arboriculture Society of Michigan (ASM) – Michigan Chapter of ISA, is offering a Basic Arborist Certification Prep Course presented over three (3) days.
- March 13-15 Course (canceled 3/7/17 due to low enrollment)
- March 16- ISA Test still scheduled for those pre-registered with ISA (separate registration required via ISA website)
The topics for each day are outlined below. This 3-day course can be taken in its entirety, or as individual days according to the registration fees listed below. This Prep Course is designed to provide a fundamental education in arboriculture as well as prepare individuals for the ISA Certified Arborist Exam offered on March 16, 2017 in Grosse Pointe Shores, MI. The course content is consistent with the Arborist Certification Study Guide (2010 edition) and the domains of the exam.
This course is beneficial to the following people:
- Experienced tree care professionals taking the exam for the first time. Note:
Exam eligibility requirements: 3 yrs experience in arboriculture or a 2 yr degree in arboriculture and 2 yrs of experience or a 4 yr degree in a related field and 1 year practical experience.
- Other professionals wishing to become a Certified Arborist
- Anyone re-taking the certified arborist exam.
- Those desiring CEU credits toward maintaining certification and to expand their knowledge.
The Value of an ISA Credential – ISA credentials are valued and trusted because they let consumers know that you possess a high degree of knowledge about caring for and maintaining trees. When developing an exam, a panel of subject matter experts from around the world completes a job task analysis, and then writes an exam that encompasses the defined skills. ISA credentials build expert knowledge and reflect the professional skills sought by leaders from the public and private sectors, including training, academia and government organizations.
- The course will run each day from 8am-5pm.
- Registration/Check-in begins at 7:30am each day.
- Morning snacks/beverages and lunch are provided each day.
- Cancellations after March 3 will incur a $25 cancellation fee. Refunds will not be given after March 8.
- All registrants must be prepaid – Walk-Ins will not be accepted.
- LIMIT: 40 attendees each day
- $240 ASM/ISA Member Full Course
- $280 Non Member Full Course
- $105 Daily rate (for those looking to get education on specific topics per day)
- $85 Certification Study Guide (10th edition)
Registration fees are payable via credit card or check.
- This Prep Course is approved for 24 CEUS from ISA for the full course. There are 8 CEUs offered each day.
TAKING THE ISA EXAM (All Exams)
You must apply to take the ISA Certified Arborist Exam separately from this class registration. Applications can be obtained at http://www.isa-arbor.com/certification/becomeCertified/index.aspx. You must meet the minimum qualifications of experience and/or education to qualify – taking the prep course does not guarantee your application will be accepted.
For further questions about the Certified Arborist exam, please contact the ISA office at (888) 472-8733 or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Edsel & Eleanor Ford House
Henry Ford Estate
1100 Lake Shore Rd.
Grosse Pointe Shores, MI 48236
Edsel & Eleanor Henry Ford Estate
Grosse Pointe Shores, Mi, 48236